We eat with our eyes, right? So, what could be more beautiful than these roasted multi-hued cauliflower heads? This gluten-free Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower recipe is the perfect side dish for fall. Roasting cauliflower makes them so incredibly sweet, especially the colorful variety! Purple, orange, and green cauliflower florets are the star in this dish. They’re a touch sweet from the maple syrup, but a little spicy from the red chili paste (sambal oelek). We’ve used gluten-free soy sauce for this recipe, but the original version will do if you don’t have any gluten allergies. I’m betting the even the kiddies will eat this colorful side dish. Roasted cauliflower beauty on a plate! What could be more enticing? More please!
Roasted, tender multi-colored cauliflower florets are the star in this delish Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower side dish!
Green, purple, and orange cauliflower heads can be found at select grocery stores. You can always use whatever variety is available for this recipe.
Roast these beautiful florets on a large baking tray drizzled with oil, salt & pepper at 400 degrees for around 20 to 25 minutes.
Toss the sweet and spicy sauce over the cauliflower once roasted to coat.
The final product is gorgeous! Almost too beautiful to eat! (Almost.)
This gluten-free Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower recipe is the perfect side dish for fall.
- ½ head each purple, green and orange cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or spray
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (red chili paste)
- 1 large lime, freshly squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the cauliflower and thoroughly dry on a kitchen towel or paper towels. Cut or tear the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Spread cauliflower onto a large baking sheet and drizzle or spray with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toss for even distribution. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until just tender. Toss cauliflower halfway through to make sure both sides are cooked and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place all other ingredients in a small saucepan. During last 10 minutes of cooking cauliflower, sauté sauce over medium heat to reduce and thicken.
- Remove cauliflower from oven when slightly tender. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with sauce. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Colorful Cauliflower, Sweet and Spicy Cauliflower
If you liked this recipe, try our Asian-Spiced Roasted Rainbow Carrots