This super easy, crazy delicious Spicy Scallop Ceviche recipe was inspired by a starter dish I had at my favorite wine tasting bar, Stem Wine Bar. These succulent scallops cook themselves in citrus juices. So, I threw in every citrus under the sun — lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruit. Just four hours later and, voilà, you will not believe how amazing these taste! I also added some heat with jalapeños and shaved radishes, and brightness with colorful cilantro and red bell peppers. Serve them in a scallop shell or martini glass. So impressive!
These delectable scallops will cook themselves in the citrus juices, making it such an easy appetizer. Impressive too!Print
This Spicy Scallop Ceviche recipe is almost too simple to make. Easy and impressive, the scallops cook themselves in citrus juices!
- ¾ pounds fresh sea scallops
- 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- Zest from one orange and freshly squeezed
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, freshly squeezed
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (more for garnish)
- Pinch of salt & pepper, to taste
- Clean and remove the small muscle from the scallops. Slice the scallops in half length-wise. Set scallops aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the juices from the lemons, orange, orange zest, lime, and grapefruit, stir together well. Stir into the bowl the garlic, jalapeño, radishes, onion, bell pepper and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the scallops making sure the scallops are soaking in the juices. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours (the scallops will cook naturally in the juices). Sprinkle more cilantro on top when ready to serve.
Keywords: ceviche, scallops, easy scallops recipe, seafood ceviche