It’s fall! I’m definitely feeling the chill in the air, which always makes me focus on butternut squash recipes. This awesome Roasted Thai Butternut Squash Dip will rock your world! You can use this flavorful dip with veggies, pita bread, or Indian naan bread — or just use a spoon!
Doesn’t matter, it’s that good! It’s creamy and has a touch of heat. I even used this butternut squash dip to stuff a chicken breast. So many options! Make it easy on yourself, buy the butternut squash already peeled and cubed so you don’t lose a finger slicing it up. Note to self!Print
This savory Roasted Thai Butternut Squash Dip is so easy to make and tastes delicious with chips or veggies. It’s the perfect appetizer for fall!
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup diced onion
- 5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons sambal oelek (Thai red chile paste)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Chopped peanuts
- Chips for serving
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the squash, onion, and garlic cloves out in an even layer onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the veggies are caramelized and the squash is very tender. Broil for a few minutes to make sure they are caramelized.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer everything to a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, coconut milk, sambal oelek, fish sauce, and sesame oil to the food processor. Pulse to combine the ingredients. Add a little salt and pepper and then run the machine until everything is super smooth and creamy. Taste to check for seasonings.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.
Sambal oelek can be found at select grocery stores and specialty Asian markets.
Adapted from: http://yestoyolks.com/2015/12/18/thai-butternut-squash-dip/
Keywords: Thai Butternut Squash Dip, Butternut Squash Dip
If you liked this recipe, try our Easy Red Beet Hummus.