Roasted Thai Butternut Squash Dip
It’s fall! I’m definitely feeling the chill in the air, which always makes me focus on butternut squash recipes. This awesome Roasted Thai Butternut Squash Dip will rock your world! You can use this flavorful dip with veggies, pita bread, or Indian naan bread — or just use a spoon! Doesn’t matter, it’s that good! It’s creamy and has a touch of heat. I even used this butternut squash dip to stuff a chicken breast. So many options! Make it easy on yourself, buy the butternut squash already peeled and cubed so you don’t lose a finger slicing it up. Note to self!
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup diced onion
- 5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons sambal oelek (Thai red chile paste)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Chopped peanuts
- Chips for serving
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the squash, onion, and garlic cloves out in an even layer onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the veggies are caramelized and the squash is very tender. Broil for a few minutes to make sure they are caramelized.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer everything to a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, coconut milk, sambal oelek, fish sauce, and sesame oil to the food processor. Pulse to combine the ingredients. Add a little salt and pepper and then run the machine until everything is super smooth and creamy. Taste to check for seasonings.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.
Adapted from: http://yestoyolks.com/2015/12/18/thai-butternut-squash-dip/
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017
- Pork Potstickers October 16, 2017
- Pumpkin Manju Sweets October 9, 2017
- Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup October 2, 2017
- Nutella and Coconut Pancakes September 25, 2017