Rice Cooker Coconut Rice
I swear, I could eat this coconut rice as an entire meal! It’s that freakin’ good! The flavors are outstanding, especially with the addition of the coconut flakes. And the lemongrass is just subtle enough. Serve it on the side with your favorite protein dish, like ANYTHING! It’s so easy to make with a rice cooker, but you can also prepare this as you would any rice on the stovetop. Yum, yum, and YUM!
- 2 cups jasmine white rice
- 2½ cups good-quality coconut milk
- 1½ cups coconut water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into two-inch pieces
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Top with toasted coconut flakes for garnish if desired.
- Place rice, coconut milk, coconut water, salt, and pieces of lemongrass in a rice cooker. Cover tightly with lid and let cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice and cooker turns off. Add in coconut flakes and stir. Cover and let sit on warm setting for 10-15 minutes. When ready to serve, discard lemongrass sticks and fluff rice with a fork. Garnish with more toasted coconut.
- To Toast Coconut: Place 3 tablespoons shredded, unsweetened coconut in a frying pan over medium-high heat and "dry fry" until light golden brown.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017