It's purple pandemonium over here with this gorgeous Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup! Roasted purple potatoes along with purple cauliflower, carrots, onions, garlic, and fennel, make this hearty, healthy soup so satisfying.
Hearty, healthy and belly-warming, this Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup is perfect to serve on a chilly fall night!
Purple potatoes (I used sweet and regular purple) are always available, no problem there! And, on a very healthy note, these purple beauties contain high antioxidant levels which is good for fighting cancer, heart disease, inflammation, and scores of other potential ailments in our bodies. Eat your purple, peeps!
Purple cauliflower is definitely in season so you can usually find them at your local grocery store.
Roast these purple veggies at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until lightly caramelized.
Use an immersion blender or regular blender and pulse until creamy. Or, make it chunky if you'd like!
This Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup is purple perfection in a bowl! Swirl in some sour cream or crème fraiche and top with a few sprigs of fresh cilantro.Print
- 1 head purple cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 cups purple potatoes (variety of sweet and regular), cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coconut oil or canola oil spray
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large purple or orange carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper
- Sour cream or crème fraiche
- Sprigs of cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the cauliflower and potatoes on a large baking sheet. Spray with coconut oil spray and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Toss thoroughly to coat. Roast in oven for 30 minutes, tossing half way through, until slightly caramelized. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a heavy dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Add in fennel and carrots and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the broth and the roasted cauliflower and potatoes. Bring to a boil, and lower to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until veggies are fork-tender. Remove from stove.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend until creamy (you can leave chunky if preferred).
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve soup in bowls swirled with sour cream or crème fraiche. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Oven & Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 206.8 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.1 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 0.7 mg
Keywords: Cauliflower Soup, Purple Soup, Cauliflower, Potato Soup