Baby, it’s cold outside, and there’s nothing like a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup to warm your heart, and your belly! Step out of the box this time with our easy, Asian-inspired Miso Chicken Noodle Soup that you’ll make for years to come. This soup is loaded with healthy veggies — shredded carrots, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic, green onions, and baby bok choy — tender slices of chicken, nestled in a fragrant, mildly spicy miso broth and topped with a runny egg. We used vermicelli rice noodles for this soup, but you can substitute with ramen or soba noodles. It’s all good! The chicken literally cooks in minutes so drop the pieces in right before you’re ready to serve. You’ll need both chopsticks and a big spoon for this hearty, warming chicken noodle soup! Get in ‘mah belly!
This warming Miso Chicken Noodle Soup has everything good nestled together in a bowl.
Sauté the veggies in a stock pot until tender before adding in the broth.
Slice the chicken breasts thinly. Throw them into the soup as the final step. The chicken will cook quickly and stay very tender.
Add in the baby bok choy when you add the chicken. You don’t want to overcook it!
Assemble the soup in this order: noodles on the bottom, pour broth over the noodles, make sure you get lots of chicken and veggies, garnish with fresh cilantro and a soft-boiled egg. Use both chopsticks and a spoon!Print
Baby, it’s cold outside, and there’s nothing like our Asian-inspired Miso Chicken Noodle Soup to warm your heart, and your belly!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 4 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and chopped into pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, soft boiled, sliced in half
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add in garlic, mushrooms, green onions, carrots, and ginger. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium stock pot with water and bring to a boil. Add in the rice noodles, lower heat to medium and boil according to directions, around 5 minutes, until al dente. Drain in a colander under cold water, and set aside.
- Add the chicken stock to the sautéed veggies and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer and add in the soy sauce, miso and sambal oelek. Stir until miso is dissolved into the broth. Simmer for 10 minutes. Just before ready to serve, drop in the baby bok choy and slices of chicken. Stir until chicken is just cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. (Do not overcook!)
- To serve, add some rice noodles at the bottom of the soup bowl and ladle the soup stock on top. Garnish the soup with sliced eggs and fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 590
- Sugar: 13.3 g
- Sodium: 1108.8 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.6 g
- Protein: 58.9 g
- Cholesterol: 192.3 mg
Keywords: Chicken Soup, Miso Soup with Chicken, Miso Soup
If you liked this recipe, try our
Shop products featured in this recipe: