Vibrant and delicious, this Matcha Holiday Bark is the perfect gift to bring for the holiday festivities!
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch cookie sheet pan with cooking spray. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper, with overlap.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, microwave 1 ½ cups of the bittersweet chocolate chips in 30-second increments until melted. Remove bowl from microwave and add in remaining ½ cup chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted. Spread the melted chocolate into the sheet pan in an even layer. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the canola oil, matcha powder, and cayenne powder. Set aside.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, microwave 3½ cups of the white chocolate chips in 30-second increments until melted. Remove bowl from microwave and add in the remaining ½ cup of white chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted. Pour the matcha powder mixture into ½ cup of the melted white chocolate chips and mix well. Using a large spoon, spread large spoonfuls of the matcha chocolate and white chocolate over dark chocolate layer in the pan. Use the tip of a skewer to decoratively make swirls in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top to decorate. Break off into uneven bite-sized pieces when ready to serve.
- Let sit at room temperature about 2 hours, until firm. Can be stored in the refrigerator in a container for 2 weeks.
For an extra crunch, add chopped, roasted almonds to the matcha mixture.
Adapted from Food and Wine, December 2016.
Keywords: matcha, holiday bark, chocolate bark, quick matcha dessert