This quick Matcha Cheesecake Muffins recipe will satisfy your sweets craving without a ton of steps. It's sweet but has that wonderful depth of flavor from the matcha green tea powder!
I'm really not a fan of baking... just sayin'. So, when I feel a sweet tooth coming on it has to be a super easy recipe or I'm out!
Swirls of matcha green tea cheesecake batter and chocolate create this gorgeous muffin that's so easy to create! These muffins are great for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
This gorgeous green batter comes together so quickly in your stand mixer!
Three layers of the batter are placed in a large muffin tin. The cheesecake batter is made with matcha green tea powder, cream cheese, and melted white chocolate. How good does that sound?
How pretty are these swirls of marble? Just use a sharp knife to create this pretty pattern on the muffins. These are big ass muffins, so share one with a friend (or NOT!).
Swirl the matcha green tea cheesecake batter with chocolate muffin batter to create this beautiful marbled design.
This recipe makes six large Matcha Cheesecake Muffins. Truly love at first bite!
Want more matcha recipes like this?
If you like this recipe, you're gonna love these Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes!Print
For the cheesecake batter:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 5 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
For the muffins batter:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a six-muffin tin with cooking spray.
Make the cheesecake batter:
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Sift in the matcha powder and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the melted white chocolate and egg and beat until well-combined.
Make the muffins batter:
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Turn heat to low and add in chocolate chips, stir until just melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix until well-combined.
Prepare the muffin tin:
- Spread ¼ of the chocolate muffin mixture at the bottom of each cup, ¼ of the matcha mixture in the middle, and ¼ of the chocolate muffin mixture on the top.
- Place a large dollop of the matcha mixture on the very top and using a sharp knife make swirls with the matcha and muffin mixture to create a marbled pattern.
- Bake the muffins in the center rack for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Use a thin flat knife to loosen the muffins before removing from the muffin tin. (Makes 6 large muffins.)
- You can melt the white chocolate in a glass mixing bowl in the microwave on 20-second intervals.
- Adapted from: www.ful-filled.com
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 747
- Sugar: 56.7 g
- Sodium: 203.7 mg
- Fat: 44.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 68 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 179.2 mg
Keywords: Matcha Muffins, Cheesecake Muffins, Asian Matcha Muffins, Asian Cheesecake Muffins