I’m kinda sad this time of year when the summer is almost over — which means Georgia peach season is almost over too! I could cry just thinking about it! So, here’s one last seasonal recipe with Georgia peaches as the STAR ingredient! My Grilled Peaches with Five Spice Oats Crumble will have you stockpiling peaches for a few weeks! Peaches are so beautiful when grilled, and then finished off in the oven with this sweet Chinese Five Spice, oats, brown sugar, pecan, butter crumble. It didn’t take but 35 minutes to make this tasty dessert. Of course, I had to serve it right out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with organic maple syrup. Sound delish? It really, really is! Hurry up, before it’s too late!
Have you ever see anything more beautiful than these grilled Georgia peaches topped with a Chinese Five Spice oats crumble? YUM! You can make my Grilled Peaches with Five Spice Oats Crumble in just 35 minutes!
Georgia peaches are so sweet and delicious, but are seasonal so there’s a small window of harvesting during the summer. You can use regular peaches for this recipe as well.
Look at the grill marks on these peaches! I used my stove top grill pan but you can put them on an outdoor grill as well. They only need to grill for a few minutes!
Making this Chinese Five Spice oats crumble is a cinch. I used a pasty blender to combine the butter, oats, brown sugar, five spice, and flour. Use your hands if that’s an easier method for you!
How gorgeous is this dessert? Once in awhile you have to indulge on beautiful desserts, and these Grilled Peaches with Five Spice Oats Crumble are worth the calories!
Sweet and delicious Grilled Five Spice Peaches are topped with a sweet oats crumble that will make you do a happy dance!
For the Topping:
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick), sliced
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
For the Peaches:
- Cooking spray
- 3 firm but ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
- To make the topping:
- In a medium flat-bottomed mixing bowl, add the butter, flour, brown sugar, oats, five spice, and salt. Use a pastry blender (or your hands) to blend together all of the ingredients until the butter is pea-sized and the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the pecans and set the crumble aside.
- To make the peaches:
- Spray a grill pan (or outdoor grill) and the tops of the peaches with the cooking spray. Heat the grill pan on medium-high heat. Add the peaches, face down, and grill until there’s a nice sear with grill marks on the flesh side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the peaches to a semi-deep baking dish (like a pie dish) and top each peach with a tablespoon of the crumble mixture. Bake the peaches for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the flesh is soft. Remove from oven and serve the peaches with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with maple syrup.
If you liked this recipe, try our Easy Summer Fruit Galette.
Shop products featured in this recipe: