Miso hungry! This gorgeous Grilled Miso Shrimp Garden Salad will fulfill all of your spring and summer salad cravings! It's heavenly! Start with large shrimp marinated in our special miso marinade.
Create a lettuce bowl layered with fresh veggies like carrots, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, edamame pods, and radish sprouts. Top the veggies with grilled miso shrimp and our easy homemade miso dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds and, voilà, a healthy, nutritious salad for the entire family!
This gorgeous Miso Grilled Shrimp Garden Salad is so fresh and perfect for a healthy spring or summer salad entree!
Use fresh large shrimp that's been peeled, but with tail on. It makes a nicer presentation!
The shrimp grills up very quickly so watch your grill pan carefully. (Pink and curled = done!) The miso marinade is full of incredible flavor for grilling the shrimp. The aromas in your house will smell amazing!
Start with a base of lettuce leaves or mixed lettuces. Then start layering with the fresh veggies!
This Grilled Miso Shrimp Garden Salad is so colorful and full of flavor. You'll love the homemade miso dressing that goes on top!Print
Grilled Miso Shrimp Garden Salad
This Grilled Miso Shrimp Garden Salad is so colorful and full of flavor. You’ll love the miso dressing that goes on top!
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 ½ tablespoons canola oil
For the salad:
- 1 pound of large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail on
- 10-ounce package mixed greens
- 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4-ounce package alfalfa or radish sprouts
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
For the miso dressing:
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- Juice from one lime
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Make the marinade:
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, garlic, ginger and canola oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate 5 to 10 minutes.
Grill the shrimp:
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side until shrimp is slightly charred and is curled and pink. Do not overcook! Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
Make the miso dressing:
- Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. (Or mix in a blender until smooth and creamy.)
Assemble the salad:
- Layer each salad bowl with lettuce leaves or mixed greens, radishes, shredded carrots, radish sprouts, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, edamame pods, and the grilled miso shrimp.
- Top with the miso dressing and garnish with black sesame seeds.
- If you don't have a grill pan handy, you can always grill the shrimp on an outside grill.
- Get step-by-step instructions on how to make homemade miso dressing!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 28.3 g
- Sodium: 422.9 mg
- Fat: 27.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.3 g
- Protein: 31.4 g
- Cholesterol: 182.5 mg
Keywords: shrimp salad, miso shrimp, healthy salad, asian salad, easy shrimp salad, grilled shrimp, Japanese food
Megan @ Megunprocessed
All those veggies have me drooling! So much flavor too!
The flavor of the shrimp, and the miso dressing are so delightful! Such an easy salad to prepare for the whole family!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
I've been looking for a new salad to try, and I think this is it!! Thanks for sharing!!!
I'm so glad you're going to try this one. It's just so colorful, healthy, and delicious!