These sweet potato fries are crispy and addictive with a touch of heat from the Sriracha seasoning. Plus, you can’t possibly eat these crispy fries naked! They wouldn’t be complete without this mildly spicy Sriracha aioli dipping sauce! Oh, yes please!
Tips for Making Perfectly Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- I don’t always peel my sweet potatoes, because it’s totally not necessary! For this recipe I used both traditional and white sweet potatoes. But you could use purple sweet potatoes too!
- Make sure when you cut them into strips they are somewhat similar in size so they bake up evenly. You don’t want over-burnt fries, right?
- Leave space on the baking sheet. They should not be overcrowded. Use two baking sheets if necessary!
- Preheat your baking sheet. They will come out much crispier this way. (Little know fact!)
- Toss them halfway into baking. Then the fries will get nice and brown on both sides!
Sweet potatoes are a perfect starchy root vegetable. They’re rich in complex carbohydrates, fiber, and beta-carotene.
Spread the sweet potato strips evenly onto a baking sheet. Make sure not to overcrowd the strips or they will not get crispy! Sprinkle the sweet potatoes with Sriracha seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Perfectly browned and crispy, these Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries are a fabulous side dish for your burger, grilled chicken or steak, or just by themselves!Print
These crispy baked Sriracha sweet potato fries are crispy and addictive with a touch of heat! It’s a simple, healthy, and flavorful side dish!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a large baking tray in the oven while it heats.
- Peel the sweet potatoes (you can also leave the skin on). Cut the potatoes in half length-wise and cut into ¼ to ½ strips, around 3 inches long.
- When oven is preheated, remove the baking tray and spread the sweet potato strips onto the tray in a single layer. Spray the sweet potatoes with the olive oil spray and sprinkle with the Sriracha seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss the sweet potatoes and bake another 15 minutes. They should be nicely browned and crispy. Bake longer if necessary. After removing from the oven, sprinkle the fries with a little more salt.
- To make the aioli dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Serve on the side with the sweet potato fries.
Keywords: sweet potato fries, baked sweet potato fries, crispy sweet potato fries, sriracha aioli, spicy aioli
If you liked this recipe, try our Five Spice Asian Latkes.
Shop products featured in this recipe: