Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Turkey on the brain? Maybe another poultry is in the cards this week before the big Turkey Day. Here’s a healthy, 30-minute Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe created by Sara, with Dinner at the Zoo, that won’t take up all of your precious time during this frantic week of cooking! It’s got just a handful of simple ingredients that complete this dish. Sara says: The key ingredient to the sauce is oyster sauce, which can be found in most grocery stores. It adds a complex flavor that really works well with the other components of the dish. You can always substitute the chicken for another protein like beef, shrimp, or tofu — so versatile. Your family will be begging for seconds! Serve with white or brown rice, of course!
Ginger and garlic are so flavorful in this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry. We like to use locally grown ginger from the farmer’s market.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (if you don't like mushrooms you can add more broccoli instead)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water. Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired.
If you liked this recipe, try our Stir-Fry Beef with Green Beans & Mushrooms
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017