These Asian-Spiced Roasted Rainbow Carrots with a sweet and spicy sauce pop with color, are so flavorful, and roast beautifully in your oven. It's the perfect side dish for fall!
Looking forward to the fall harvest and feeling the love for these colorful rainbow carrots! Here's a beautiful side dish that screams "autumn" and pairs with everything!
The sweet and spicy sauce is a combination of soy sauce, sambal oelek (red chili paste), maple syrup, sesame oil, and lime. Actually, this sauce can be used as a marinade for your protein also -- chicken, shrimp, fish -- endless possibilities!
These gorgeous carrots came from Trader Joe's (my fave!) already bunched with color. Let's not forget the nutritional benefits of this crunchy power food like beautiful skin, cancer prevention, and anti-aging. Your mama was right when she said, "Eat your carrots -- they're good for your eyes!"
Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? These colorful carrots are so easy to cook, and taste delish roasted with our Asian sauce!Print
- 30 small mutli-colored carrots, tops trimmed, scrubbed and peeled
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
For the garnish:
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, lay out the carrots in a single layer.
Make the sauce:
- Place all ingredients from the sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
- Spoon ¾ of the sauce over the carrots and coat well using your hands or tongs.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Half-way through roasting, spoon more sauce over the carrots.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro when ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 16.9 g
- Sodium: 445.4 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.3 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Roasted Carrots, Spiced Roasted Carrots, Asian Carrots