Asian-Spiced Roasted Rainbow Carrots
Looking forward to the fall harvest and feeling the love for these colorful carrots! Here’s a beautiful side dish that screams “autumn” and pairs with everything! Our Asian-Spiced Roasted Rainbow Carrots pop with color, are so flavorful and roast easily in your oven. The sauce is sweet and spicy, a combination of soy sauce, sambal oelek (red chili paste), maple syrup, sesame oil, and lime. Actually, this sauce can be used as a marinade for your protein also — chicken, shrimp, fish — endless possibilities! These gorgeous carrots came from Trader Joe’s (our fave!) already bunched with color. Let’s not forget the nutritional benefits of this crunchy power food like beautiful skin, cancer prevention, and anti-aging. And your mama was right when she said, “Eat your carrots — they’re good for your eyes!”
Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? These colorful carrots are so easy to cook, and taste delish roasted with our Asian sauce!
The fall harvest is here! You can pick up a package of rainbow carrots at Trader Joe’s or at your local farmer’s market.
Eat your veggies! Your mama was right about the benefits of eating carrots — they’re good for your eyes (and lots of other stuff too!).
- 30 small mutli-colored carrots, tops trimmed, scrubbed and peeled
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, lay out the carrots in a single layer. Place all ingredients from the sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Spoon ¾ of the sauce over the carrots and coat well using your hands or tongs. Roast in oven for 45 minutes. Half-way through roasting, spoon more sauce over the carrots. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro when ready to serve.
If you liked this recipe, try our Spicy Asian Brussels Sprouts
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017