One of my favorite (and quickest) soups that I make is chicken tortilla soup. Been making it for decades! So I thought to myself, why not make an Asian-fusion version of this classic?
This Asian-Inspired Chicken Tortilla Soup literally takes about 30 minutes from start to table! Hints of ginger, soy and sambal chili paste give this soup that Asia-meets-Mexico flavoring. Loaded with fresh veggies, simple chicken stock, and diced tomatoes, there is nothing in here that is not good for you! Topped with slices of avocados and fresh cilantro, this Asian-Inspired Chicken Tortilla Soup will make you say, “¡Mas, por favor!”
This Asian-Inspired Chicken Tortilla Soup is a flavor bomb! It’s loaded with goodness and is so low-cal!
I used the freshest veggies for this healthy, Asian-Inspired Chicken Tortilla Soup soup that stay firm-tender in every bite!
Make it a tortilla soup night! If you have little time to prep a meal, this is the go-to soup for you! Done in 30 minutes or less!Print
This Asian-Inspired Chicken Tortilla Soup literally takes about 30 minutes from start to table! Hints of ginger, soy and sambal chili paste give this soup that Asia-meets-Mexico flavoring. Loaded with fresh veggies, simple chicken stock, and diced tomatoes, there is nothing in here that is not good for you!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Juice from ½ fresh lime
- 2 cups cooked chicken pieces (shredded or cubed)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- For garnish:
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges or slices
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or soup pot on medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and onion. Stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in the bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, carrots, celery, and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and white pepper to combine. Add in the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomatoes, sambal oelek, and lime juice. Stir, bring to a boil, lower to simmer and slightly cover for 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add in the chicken pieces and cilantro. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with sliced avocado, cilantro, and lime wedges.
Keywords: Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe, Chicken Soup, Chicken Soup Recipe, Asian Inspired Chicken Soup,
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #AsianCaucasianBlog. We’d love to see your pics on Instagram and Facebook!
If you liked this recipe, try our Miso Chicken Noodle Soup.
Shop products featured in this recipe: