When the heat rises my body craves this light and vibrant Asian Cucumber Salad featuring bright flavors, exciting textures, and the play of sweet, sour and salty happening in so many ways! This simple salad has crunchy Persian cucumbers, radishes, colorful bell peppers, green onions, and edamame, enhanced with a vinaigrette of Japanese yuzu juice, lemon juice, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce and a few other Asian ingredients.
I would definitely pack this for a picnic! As it sits, the dressing soaks into the veggies giving it incredible flavor. I added red pepper flakes to the Yuzu vinaigrette but it’s very subtle in the spice category. This makes a perfect side salad. You’re going to want to make this Asian Cucumber Salad again and again in the coming months!
Vibrant, beautiful and full of flavor, this Asian Cucumber Salad will be high on your list of favorites!
Bright, crispy Persian cucumbers are smaller than the traditional cucumber and are truly the star of this salad! You can use regular cucumbers if you can’t find these. I used a mandolin to slice the cucumbers very thinly.
This yuzu vinaigrette is lemony, salty and packs a slight punch from the red pepper flakes. The perfect dressing for this Asian Cucumber Salad!
Put this Asian Cucumber Salad in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving so it soaks up the flavors from the vinaigrette. This is an awesome side salad for any meal!
This light and refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad is the perfect side dish for summer!
- 4 to 5 Persian cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 3 large radishes, sliced thinly
- 3 baby red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, green and white parts, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- More fresh cilantro for garnishing
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Japanese yuzu juice
- ½ lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, edamame, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, yuzu juice, lemon juice, ginger, salt, sesame oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes until well combined. Pour over the veggies and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with more cilantro.
I used a mandolin for the cucumbers and radishes to get them evenly sliced.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 107.2 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Salad, Cucumber Salad, Asian Salad, Cucumber Salad Recipe, Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #AsianCaucasianBlog. We’d love to see your pics on Instagram and Facebook!
If you liked this recipe, try our Grilled Miso Shrimp Garden Salad.
Shop products featured in this recipe: