Well, hello amazing new Air Fryer! I’ve been wanting you for a while now. So here’s my very first recipe post using my awesome new air fryer appliance: Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos!
This air fryer bang bang shrimp is a healthier version of the classic restaurant dish (think P.F. Chang’s). The air fryer uses NO oil, yes I said that, NO oil! But comes out just as crispy as the more caloric version, and just as tasty too! Add your favorite toppings to these tacos and you’ve got a stellar family dinner, ready in just minutes!
Perfectly crispy Panko-coated shrimp are nestled inside a whole wheat tortilla along with shredded slaw and topped with a sweet and spicy “bang bang” sauce. How good does that sound? Nom nom!
How to make Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp:
- Clean, shell and devein one pound of fresh medium shrimp with the tails removed.
- Set up an assembly line of your ingredients for the shrimp. You’ll need the sweet and spicy bang bang sauce and Panko bread crumbs.
- Dip the shrimp first in the bang bang sauce, and then coat well in the Panko bread crumbs.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer (no overlap!) on the crisper tray in the Air Fryer.
- I like to spray the shrimp with some cooking spray to get it nice and golden brown.
- Set your air fryer on 380 degrees and cook time for 6 to 8 minutes. Check to see if golden and crispy and you will know it’s done!
- Repeat these cooking steps until all of the shrimp has been cooked.
How to assemble the Air Fryer Bang Bang Tacos:
- I used 100% whole wheat tortillas for these tacos (only 80 calories each!) to keep it on the lighter side.
- Layer with shredded cabbage (white and purple), a few pieces of the shrimp on top of the cabbage, a drizzle of the sweet and spicy bang bang sauce, chopped green onions, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- You can always add more toppings like sliced avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese, and cilantro.
Print your Air Fryer Cooking Chart here:Print
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos with a sweet and spicy sauce are the perfect quick and healthy recipe your whole family will love!
- Clean and devein the shrimp, removing the tails. Set aside in a bowl.
- For the bang bang sauce: Whisk together the mayonnaise, sambal oelek, chili sauce, and tasco. Taste for desired spiciness. Place the sauce in a shallow bowl. Set aside ¼ of the bang bang sauce for drizzling. Place the Panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl next to the sauce.
- Coat the shrimp with the bang bang sauce and then coat with the Panko bread crumbs. Place the shrimp on a single layer on the crisper tray inside the air fryer, making sure not to overlap the shrimp. (You will need to repeat this process a few times.)
- Spray the tops of the shrimp with cooking spray for a golden brown finish. Set the air fryer on 380 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. Check the shrimp after 6 minutes to see if golden brown and crispy. If not, keep cooking another minute or two.
- To assemble the tacos: Place a layer of the red and white cabbage at the bottom of the tortilla shell, followed by the crispy shrimp, and top with a drizzle of the reserved bang bang sauce, chopped green onions, and a squeeze of lime.
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sliced avocados, sliced jalapeño peppers, fresh cilantro.
Keywords: air fryer shrimp, air fryer shrimp tacos, bang bang shrimp recipe, air fryer recipes
If you liked this recipe, try our Gluten-Free Baked Coconut Shrimp.
Shop products featured in this recipe: