Spicy Asian Tofu Salad
This delish dish has just the right amount of heat! It’s a great starter salad that will blow you away, not to mention how healthy it is. I’m a tofu freak, so anything tofu has my attention! Make sure you buy extra firm tofu so it doesn’t fall apart. You can always turn up the heat with more Thai chili peppers, but BEWARE: you will want to taste your next course, so take it easy!
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 extra firm blocks tofu
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 seedless peeled cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- 1 Thai chill pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, hot water, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Bake the whole blocks of tofu in the oven or toaster oven until golden brown at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool and cut tofu into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine cubed tofu with cilantro, cucumber, crushed peanuts, Thai chili pepper, and garlic. Toss with dressing. Top salad with sesame seeds and any remaining cilantro.