Ahi Tuna Napoleon
This Tuna Napoleon (tuna tartare) is such a beautiful appetizer! Your friends will “ooh and ahh” when you present this as a first course! It tastes amazing and fresh! Don’t be scared by the fancy plating — it’s a cinch to prepare and plate. You can use a ring mold for the assembly, or simply cut out both ends of an aluminum can. The layering of this dish really makes the flavors pop with freshness and a bit of heat from the guacamole. Serve it with Skinny Baked Wonton Chips. To die for!
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (hot chili paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- ¾ pound fresh ahi or yellow fin tuna (sushi grade), small diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 small ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and small diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, ginger, shallot, and lime juice. Gently toss in ahi tuna and 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Mash the avocados in a bowl. Add tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, red onion, Tabasco sauce, two tablespoons of cilantro, and salt and pepper.
- Using a ring mold on a flat surface, place a quarter of the guacamole at the bottom of the mold, packing it down. Then scoop the tuna on top of the guacamole to the top of the ring mold. Garnish with sprinkles of sesame seeds and a slice of jalapeno. Gently remove the ring mold. Serve with baked wontons if desired.
Serve this with a side of Skinny Baked Wonton Chips.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017