Don’t these look fancy? You can make these Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Shrimp in your own kitchen! The spicy peanut dipping sauce is the perfect condiment on the side.
- 8 large cooked shrimp, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 8 8.5″ round rice paper wrappers
- 2 oz. rice vermicelli or bean thread noodles
- 1 shredded carrot
- 16 large basil leaves
- 3 large lettuce leaves, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In medium saucepan, add vermicelli noodles to boiling water and remove from heat for 5 minutes. Drain the noodles and set aside to cool.
- Working one at a time, soak spring roll wrappers in warm water for 15 seconds. Place on a flat surface and working from bottom third of the wrapper arrange lettuce, carrots, handful of vermicelli, 2 basil leaves, 2-3 shrimp pieces, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Rolling the spring roll like a burrito, fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the bottom of the wrapper to the top. Lay the finished spring roll on a tray lined with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- When all spring rolls are finished, cover the tray tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Cut spring rolls in half on an angle when ready to serve. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender until well blended. Serve on the side with spring rolls.
- Be careful not to overfill your spring roll wrapper because it will cause the rice paper to tear. Sometimes I will double up the rice paper wrappers if I have heavier ingredients to fill it with (ie., steak, chicken).
- Work quickly, you don’t want your wrapper to fall apart. Start over if you mess up!
- Rolling a really good spring roll takes practice, but once you get the hang of it and feel comfortable, you’ll learn how to do it quickly and easily.
- Get creative! You can fill your spring rolls with any veggies or protein you like!
- Serving Size: Spring Rolls
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 390.1 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 45.6 mg
Keywords: Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce, Vietnamese spring rolls, Vietnamese spring rolls with peanut sauce, shrimp spring rolls