These super flavorful Vietnamese Grilled Pork Tenderloin Skewers are so easy to prepare! And the tangy sauce with a hint of lemongrass is to die for!
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, finely chopped (white parts only)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (divided)
- 1 large pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin and fat, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- For the marinade, place all ingredients up to pork tenderloin into mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside a small portion of the marinade. Place the marinade in a large sealed bag and add the pork. Marinate at least one hour or more in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator and thread the pork onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes (this prevents the skewers from burning on the grill).
- Grill the pork skewers on medium high heat for 15 minutes, turning frequently. Meanwhile, place the reserved marinade in a small sauce pot and heat. Drizzle over skewers when ready to serve. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
- Serve with a side of Spicy Kale & Fennel Salad.
- Not everyone eats pork, so some great protein substitutes are chicken, steak, and shrimp.
- Make sure to reserve some of the marinade to use as a sauce. It’s the best!
- If you can’t find lemongrass stalks, you can find lemongrass in a tube in the produce section. Use about a teaspoon.
- You can use a stove-top grill pan for the skewers if you don’t have access to an outside grill.
- Steamed rice is also a good accompaniment with these pork skewers!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 639.7 mg
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Protein: 27.6 g
- Cholesterol: 82.1 mg
Keywords: pork skewers vietnamese, grilled pork skewers, healthy pork kebab recipe, pork tenderloin kebabs