- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 leeks (white parts only), sliced
- 8 large shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat canola oil on medium high. Add shallots and leeks. Sauté for 7 minutes until caramelized. Add mushrooms and sauté until cooked through. Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and ginger. Mix well. Remove from heat and toss in green onions.
- While vegetables are cooking, separate dough into 8 biscuits. With fingers, flatten each into rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Fold over to form half-moon shape; place in steamer or bamboo steamer lined with parchment paper. Set steamer on top of wok or saucepan with boiling water. Steam 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Cut buns in half, but not completely through, to form a pocket. Stuff buns with vegetable mixture and serve immediately on a platter.
Keywords: Vegetarian Buns, Asian Steamed Buns