For the Thai Pesto Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil (or regular basil)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound frozen or fresh tri-color cheese tortellini
- Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- To make the Thai pesto sauce: Place all ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil to form a paste. Taste for seasoning. Store pesto in the fridge or freeze until ready to use.
- To make the tortellini: Fill a large sauce pot with water, add about a teaspoon of salt and bring to a rolling boil. Add in the tortellini and cook about 5 minutes, or until soft to the taste but not mushy. Strain in a colander reserving about ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- To assemble: In a large serving bowl, toss the tortellini, pasta water, and Thai pesto sauce together until fully incorporated. Top with the shredded parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil if desired. Serve while hot.
- You can pre-make the Thai pesto and refrigerate for up to four days, or freeze the pesto and defrost when ready to use.
- The tortellini should take about 5 to 7 minutes to cook so watch it carefully so as not to overcook!
- The tortellini will be done when it's soft and pillowy, but not mushy.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 574
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1507.4 mg
- Fat: 29.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.2 g
- Protein: 21.2 g
- Cholesterol: 54.8 mg
Keywords: tortellini with pesto, Thai basil pesto recipe, pesto sauce