- 1 piece lemongrass, tough outer skin removed
- 4–5 Thai basil leaves or regular basil (more for garnishing)
- 4–5 sprigs mint leaves (more for garnishing)
- 2 ounces vodka
- ¾ ounce *simple syrup
- 8 ounces club soda
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3–4 cucumber slices
- 4 thin slices jalapeño peppers
- 2–3 thin slices red Thai chili peppers (seeded)
- In a martini shaker, muddle the first three ingredients. Add the vodka, simple syrup, and club soda to the shaker and lightly shake to combine.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a cocktail glass and squeeze in the lime juice, stir well. (Discard the ingredients from the shaker.) Garnish the drink with cucumbers, jalapeño peppers, red Thai chili peppers, basil, and mint.
*To make simple syrup:
Pour equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the ingredients until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Keywords: Vodka Cocktail, Thai Vodka Cocktail, Asian Cocktail, Spicy Vodka Cocktail