- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- For the Thai mixture:
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (stems included)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tablepspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- For the Aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon sambal oelek
- Juice from half a lime
- For the toppings:
- 4 large buns
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a small food processor add the cilantro, mint, shallots, ginger, carrots, jalapeño pepper, fish sauce, and a pinch of ground pepper. Pulse until very finely chopped. Add the mixture to the mixing bowl and knead the mixture into the turkey until thoroughly combined. Form burger patties and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle patties with extra ground pepper.
- To make the aioli: Add the mayonnaise, sambal oelek, and lime juice into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well-combined. Set aside.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat and grill the burgers until just cooked through, about 10 minutes, turning once.
- To assemble: Place a large dollop of aioli sauce on top of the burger, then top with lettuce, jalapeño peppers, slices of avocado, and red onions. Serve with chips or your favorite salad!
Adapted from: Food & Wine
Keywords: Burgers with Aioli, Turkey Burgers, Burgers, Thai Burgers