When my assistant, Damien, created this salad it made me smile! This yummy citrus salad is a combination of sweet and tart that is so refreshing! It’s also quite healthy for you. Pomelo grapefruit is a large Thai grapefruit that is sometimes hard to find, so substituting with pink or red grapefruit is just as good. The key is to getting all of the skin removed so there are no remnants of white pith or membrane. You really only want the edible flesh of the fruit. It always looks so easy when the chefs section a grapefruit on TV. Here’s a tip to make it easier: (how to section a grapefruit). It’s not as hard as you think!
- ½ head roasted garlic
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 Thai chili pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Handful chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 pomelo grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- ½ cup whole roasted peanuts, chopped, to garnish
- Toasted coconut chips or flakes to garnish
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients up to honey. Add grapefruit and toss together. Top with chopped peanuts and coconut chips.
You can substitute red or pink grapefruit in place of pomelo grapefruit, which is seasonal.
I like the coconut chips in a bag from Trader Joe’s.
Keywords: Grapefruit Salad, Thai Grapefruit Salad, Asian Grapefruit Salad