Sweater weather is here! It’s also snuggle-under-your-covers weather, hibernate-for-the-winter weather, eat-lots-of-warm-comforting-food weather… well you get the idea! We aim to please! Here’s a comforting bowl of Asian-Spiced Pork Chili that will warm your tootsies (actually head to toe) and make you scoop that second helping. Yes, it’s that good! We used so many yummy veggies in this chili, like cubed butternut squash, multi-colored bell peppers, onions and garlic, plus three kinds of beans. But it’s the spices that will have you begging for more — cumin, Chinese Five Spice, coriander, and sambal oelek (Thai red chili paste). Bet you’ve never tasted a chili like this before! Top with slices of avocado, a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkles of fresh cilantro. Serve with our crazy-delicious Jalapeño Corn Bread for an absolutely perfect winter meal!
Top this heavenly bowl of Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with slices of avocado and a dollop of light sour cream.
Cubed butternut squash is the perfect ingredient in this chili, along with the three types of beans and colorful bell peppers.
Tri-colored mini bell peppers bring so much brightness to this chili recipe. Use regular-sized bell peppers if these aren’t available.
Can’t you just smell the aromas from this comforting Asian-Spiced Pork Chili?
You’ll be going for seconds (maybe thirds) when you serve this dish!
Serve this chili with a side of our tasty Jalapeño Corn Bread. It’s the bomb!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 14.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (red chili paste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, thin sliced for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté the pork on medium-high heat until just browned, breaking pork into bits while cooking. Remove the pork and let it sit on paper towels to drain. Wipe out the pot with paper towels.
- Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to the pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic and onions until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add in the bell peppers and butternut squash, and sauté another 5 minutes until peppers are just softened. Stir in the black beans, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes and let cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the cumin, coriander, Chinese Five Spice, sambal oelek, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pork back into the chili and stir to combine well. Let simmer another 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Garnish the chili with fresh cilantro, avocado slices and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with a side of our Jalapeño Corn Bread.
If you liked this recipe, try our Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Rice