Simply can’t let go of summer? Light up your BBQ and get grillin’ with these juicy Thai Turkey Burgers! They couldn’t be easier to make, and they are filled with such awesome Asian flavors. The secret ingredient is the Thai mixture with fresh cilantro and mint, shallots, ginger, carrots, and spicy jalapeño peppers. Fold it into your ground turkey to make the juiciest of burgers. Then top it all off with a slightly spicy aioli sauce and lots of other yummy toppings that will make the perfect burger bite! Of course, you need a cold brewsky to go with. It’s football season after all!
Juicy Thai Turkey Burgers are what’s cookin’ on the grill for your next football party!
The turkey burger’s flavor is in the Thai mixture with fresh cilantro, mint, shallots, ginger, carrots, and spicy jalapeño peppers.
The aioli sauce is oozing with spicy goodness from the sambal oelek (red chili paste). Top your Thai turkey burger with your favorites like avocado slices, shredded lettuce, and jalapeño peppers!
You’ll go for seconds (maybe thirds!) with this Thai Turkey Burger recipe. Fire up the grill for this dish even when it’s cold outside!
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- For the Thai mixture:
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (stems included)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tablepspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- For the Aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon sambal oelek
- Juice from half a lime
- For the toppings:
- 4 large buns
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a small food processor add the cilantro, mint, shallots, ginger, carrots, jalapeño pepper, fish sauce, and a pinch of ground pepper. Pulse until very finely chopped. Add the mixture to the mixing bowl and knead the mixture into the turkey until thoroughly combined. Form burger patties and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle patties with extra ground pepper.
- To make the aioli: Add the mayonnaise, sambal oelek, and lime juice into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well-combined. Set aside.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat and grill the burgers until just cooked through, about 10 minutes, turning once.
- To assemble: Place a large dollop of aioli sauce on top of the burger, then top with lettuce, jalapeño peppers, slices of avocado, and red onions. Serve with chips or your favorite salad!
If you liked this recipe, try our White Fish Cakes with Sriracha