Man, it’s cold outside! Can’t remember when it’s been this frigid here! So, what’s my body craving? SOUP, SOUP, SOUP, of course! Here are some great options for making healthy Asian soup with this fantastic roundup of 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups. You’ll definitely stick to your New Year’s resolution with these yummy and flavorful bowls of Asian-inspired soups. Easy to prepare, you’ll have a hard time choosing between pumpkin soup, cauliflower soup, miso chicken noodle soup, carrot soup, shrimp soup, and more! Click on the links to these contributing food blogs for the recipes. Layer up outside, and warm up inside everyone!
Super simple Asian style soup made with shrimp and rice noodles and kicked up with sriracha sauce. Recipe from JenniferMeyering.com.
This no-noodle soup is loaded with veggies like bok choy, mushrooms, carrots, and onions. All good for you and warming to boot! Recipe from HowSweetEats.com.
Warm up your tootsies with this super easy Pumpkin Coconut Soup! There are so many fragrant spices in this recipe, plus the sweetness from the pumpkin purée and a dash of brown sugar combined with the heat from the Thai chili pepper is so incredibly satisfying! Recipe from AsianCaucasian.com.
An Asian beef bone broth soup with rice pho noodles topped with roasted shiitake mushrooms, spinach, carrots, and scallions for a bowl filled with flavors and a touch of heat! Recipe from TheFoodOlic.com.
This chicken noodle soup is loaded with healthy veggies — shredded carrots, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic, green onions, and baby bok choy — tender slices of chicken, nestled in a fragrant, mildly spicy miso broth and topped with a runny egg. Recipe from AsianCaucasian.com.
It’s purple pandemonium over here with these gorgeous purple-hued veggies! We’ve roasted up a variety of purple potatoes along with purple cauliflower, tossed in some carrots, onions, garlic, and fennel, to make this hearty, healthy soup for winter. Recipe from AsianCaucasian.com.
Get your ramen on with this loaded chicken noodle soup! Packed with incredible flavors and a little heat, this soup will warm your belly throughout the cold months of winter! Recipe from CookingClassy.com.
This sweet and spicy carrot soup will make your tastebuds explode with happiness! It’s flavored with tangy ginger, a little spice from red curry paste and red pepper flakes, lemongrass, and the all-important coconut milk for creaminess! Serve it hot or chilled. Recipe from AsianCaucasian.com.
This Asian vegetable noodle soup is full of healthy veggies, protein packed tofu, and gluten-free noodles. The perfect vegan meal for the cold season! Recipe from ThisSavoryVegan.com.
Loaded with deliciousness, this bowl of yum is also healthy and filling. The ginger, shallots, lime, and touch of heat from the red chili paste (sambal oelek) combined with the turkey and bean thread noodles is one bowl of noodle soup that you’ll savor all week long! Recipe from AsianCaucasian.com.
Chilled soup is perfect for the spring weather! This sweet and spicy chilled carrot soup will make your tastebuds explode with happiness! It’s flavored with tangy ginger, a little spice from red curry paste and red pepper flakes, lemongrass, and the all-important coconut milk for creaminess! Make it vegetarian by substituting the chicken broth for veggie broth. We topped this soup with toasted pumpkin seeds with a hint of sriracha powder and toasted coconut flakes for a nice crunch combo. It’s simple and delicious, but packed with all healthy things!
Sweet and spicy, this chilled carrot soup is flavored with curry, ginger, lemongrass, and creamy coconut milk!
Garnish the soup with toasted raw pumpkin seeds with a sprinkle of sriracha seasoning!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups low-fat chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 can light coconut milk (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 lemongrass stalks, outer layer removed, cut in half, and pounded with a meat mallet
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sriracha toasted pumpkin seeds for topping
- Toasted coconut flakes for topping
- Heat the canola oil over a heavy stock pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic and onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots to the pot and continue to sauté until carrots begin to soften, about 5 more minutes. Add in the ginger, soy sauce, curry paste, chicken broth, and coconut milk. Stir together until well-combined. Toss in the lemongrass, red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add in the lime juice and lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and discard lemongrass stalks from the soup using a slotted spoon or kitchen tongs. Use an immersion blender (or blender) to puree the soup until smooth. Let cool completely before placing in the refrigerator or serving room temperature. Top the soup with sriracha toasted pumpkin seeds and toasted coconut flakes.
- To make the toasted sriracha pumpkin seeds:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place 1 cup of raw pumpkins seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spray the pumpkin seeds with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and 1 teaspoon of sriracha seasoning. Toss well to coat. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until browned and toasted. Let cool.
- To make the toasted coconut flakes:
- Dry toast the coconut flakes in a pan on a low heat on the stove until lightly browned.
Shop products featured in this recipe: