Nuoc Cham dipping sauce is a staple at most Vietnamese tables. This sauce compliments so many Asian dishes and we’ve prepared our own version of this versatile sauce. This magic sauce goes great with seafood, but also with steak, spring rolls, Asian salads, you name it! Easy to prepare, you can whip this up in about 10 minutes!
Vietnamese Nuoc Cham dipping sauce is so colorful and flavorful!
This Vietnamese dipping sauce is so easy to make, you will use this versatile sauce with so many Asian dishes.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (red chili paste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pinch Kosher salt
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together and taste for seasoning (more salt). Store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks or freeze for up to six months. Makes a great dipping sauce for Asian dishes.
If you liked this recipe, try our Thai Basil Mint Cilantro Pesto
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Let’s face it, what makes an Asian dish great? The sauce, of course! Here are three fantastic Asian sauces that will turn an ordinary recipe into extraordinary! They are super easy to prepare, with very few ingredients. The sauces are paired with three of our recipes, but you can use these sauces with so many things to dress up any dish. Mix it into your stir-fry, toss it with noodles, use it as a dipping sauce… the possibilities are endless! Sweet, spicy, delicious Asian flavors like soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, coconut milk, green curry paste, and peanut butter. You can shop the ingredients below. Super simple!
These Steamed Vietnamese Rolls are awesome with this spicy dipping sauce. The sauce also pairs well with spring rolls, wontons, seared tuna, and dumplings!
- Whisk together the chili sauce, sambal oelek, mirin wine, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, and fresh basil. Serve alongside the steamed rolls for dipping.
Our Grilled Beef with Green Curry Sauce is to die for! The sirloin soaks up the flavors of the coconut milk and green curry paste. You can also use this sauce on rice and noodle dishes, or chicken!
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, and sugar. Stir over low heat until desired thickness. Season with the fish sauce.
Who doesn’t love chicken on skewers? This is the perfect spicy peanut dipping sauce for our Chicken Satay Skewers. The sauce also pairs well with salmon, spring rolls, seared tuna, and more!
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Can be stored in container in refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze.