This bright and delicious Sweet Corn and Avocado Salad has so much flavor from the lemony Yuzu vinaigrette. It’s the perfect summer picnic salad!
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (fresh off the cobb or frozen)
- 2 avocados, pitted and cubed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup Yuzu vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Yuzu juice
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup avocado oil
Mix together the sweet corn, avocados, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and red onions in a large glass bowl. Fold in the cilantro and mint, and gently toss with the Yuzu vinaigrette. Add more seasoning if needed.
To make the Yuzu Vinaigrette:
In a small bowl, whisk together the yuzu juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and avocado oil until well combined. Pour over the veggies and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Never throw away leftover corn! Cut the kernels off of the cob and either make a salad (like this one) or freeze the kernels for soup or other recipes!
- Buy ripe, but not overripe, avocados. You want them to hold up in the this salad.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans before using in this salad. The liquid from the can is very starchy.
- Throw in whatever veggies you’d like! I had a bunch of cherry tomatoes and purple onions, so that was perfect for me!
- If you can’t find Japanese Yuzu juice, just use extra lemon juice instead. No biggie!
- Squeeze some lime juice over the salad before storing. The avocados will start to brown pretty quickly.
Keywords: salad, glutenfree, corn, avocado, vegetarian