Sushi grade salmon and tuna are nestled on top of mashed avocado and slices of toast, garnished with seaweed strips and salmon roe!
- 7-ounce sushi-grade tuna filet
- 7-ounce sushi-grade salmon filet
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 loaf French bread (or other long loaf bread)
- Avocado oil (or olive oil) for brushing
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe (ikura)
- 3 green onions or chives, thinly sliced
- Nori (seaweed) strips for garnishing
- Cut the sushi-grade tuna and salmon into small, even cubes. Next, mash the avocados in a small bowl. Set both aside.
- Slice the bread into 1/4 -inch slices and spread on a baking dish. Brush each slice with the avocado oil. Toast in the oven until golden brown.
- To assemble: Spread about a tablespoon of avocado mash onto each slice of toasted bread. Then put a layer of the tuna and salmon on top of the avocado mash. Sprinkle with bagel seasoning and top with a dollop of the salmon roe. Garnish with green onion and nori strips.
- I purchase my sushi-grade salmon and tuna at Whole Foods, Fresh Market, or my local Asian market.
- If you can’t find sushi-grade tuna for this recipe, you can always use smoked fish like salmon or white fish. Although you won’t be able to call it Sushi Avocado Toasts!
- I used French bread for this recipe but choose whatever bread you’d like. Brioche, or sour dough will work just as well!
- Make sure your avocados are ripe, but not overripe. You really don’t want to use a mushy squishy avocado!
Keywords: sushi avocado toast, avo toast, sushi, avocados