Sushi grade salmon and tuna are nestled on top of mashed avocado and slices of toast, garnished with seaweed strips and salmon roe!
- 7-ounce sushi-grade tuna filet
- 7-ounce sushi-grade salmon filet
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 loaf French bread (or other long loaf bread)
- Avocado oil (or olive oil) for brushing
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe (ikura)
- 3 green onions or chives, thinly sliced
- Nori (seaweed) strips for garnishing
- Cut the sushi-grade tuna and salmon into small, even cubes. Next, mash the avocados in a small bowl. Set both aside.
- Slice the bread into 1/4 -inch slices and spread on a baking dish. Brush each slice with the avocado oil. Toast in the oven until golden brown.
- To assemble: Spread about a tablespoon of avocado mash onto each slice of toasted bread. Then put a layer of the tuna and salmon on top of the avocado mash. Sprinkle with bagel seasoning and top with a dollop of the salmon roe. Garnish with green onion and nori strips.
I purchase sushi-grade salmon and tuna at Whole Foods, Fresh Market, or my local Asian market.
Keywords: avocado toast recipe, avo toast, sushi, sushi recipes, sashimi sushi, avocados