Asian Caucasian is all about healthy and flavorful, and these tasty and easy Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Rice are no exception. They’re a cinch to make!
- 4 large red and yellow bell peppers, seeded (tops removed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 shishito peppers
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 8 oz. package button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen or fresh chopped kale
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (red chili paste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a shallow baking dish place bell peppers open side up and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until peppers are just soft.
- Meanwhile, lay 3 shishito peppers directly onto your stovetop over high heat and blister all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Repeat with the other 3 peppers. Remove and let cool. Remove stems and chop.
- Heat canola oil on medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add garlic, chopped bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, shishito peppers, and shallots. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add in the ground turkey and cook until slightly browned. Add in mushrooms and ginger and cook another 2 minutes. Season with salt and stir in brown rice or quinoa, and chopped kale.
- In a small saucepan on another burner, heat coconut milk, red curry paste, and sambal oelek on medium-high heat until just boiling. Stir sauce into sauté pan with other ingredients. Sprinkle in cilantro and squeeze of lime juice.
- Stuff bell peppers with the mixture and place back in the oven for 25 minutes until the mixture is heated through.
- Top with more cilantro. Serve while hot.
Sambal oelek can be found at specialty Asian markets and select grocery stores.
Keywords: stuffed peppers rice, best stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers turkey, healthy stuffed peppers with turkey, gluten-free