Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli
This dish is a classic stir-fry which is really tough to screw up! It’s easy to prep and cook, and for all you steak and broccoli lovers (is that an oxymoron?), the flavor is outstanding! Add extra jalapeño peppers if you want more of a punch. Remove the seeds if you like it a bit milder. And, be careful not to take a layer of skin off the roof of your mouth!
- 1 tablespoon hoison sauce
- ⅓ cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon black soy sauce
- 1 table spoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ pound top round steak, cut into thick strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hoison sauce through red pepper flakes. Add meat to bowl and marinate for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
- In a large wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat and add beef strips. Cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Reserve the leftover marinade. Remove beef from wok and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers, garlic, and ginger, stirring for about 4 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Toss in the beef strips and leftover marinade. Cook another 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve over brown rice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
To toast the sesame seeds: Place in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and dry toast it until light brown. Don't overcook.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017
- Pork Potstickers October 16, 2017
- Pumpkin Manju Sweets October 9, 2017
- Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup October 2, 2017