Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado
Dim sum for breakfast! These Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado are the perfect breakfast sandwich. It’s our Asian version of an Egg McMuffin! These fluffy steamed buns come from the Asian market in the frozen section. Just steam them in your bamboo steamer for 10 minutes and they fluff up like little pillows. Stuff these beauties with eggs and green onions, slices of avocado, and bean sprouts for a little crunch. Then the kicker — a drizzle of Sriracha sauce for a little heat! These soft and airy steamed buns will rock your world! Try stuffing these buns with just about anything you have on hand — bacon, sushi-grade fish, smoked chicken, pulled pork, pickled veggies — so many options!
These steamed Bao buns are ideal for a breakfast sandwich! Our Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado recipe makes enough for four, but you may not want to share!
Stock up on these frozen Bao Buns! They’re perfect for a quick Bao sandwich. Steam them up in your bamboo steamer in just 10 minutes until they’re fluffy little pillows! Find them at your local Asian market.
Simple ingredients make this Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado sandwich so easy and delicious.
Use your bamboo steamer or a pot with a steamer insert to steam these beautiful Bao buns.
- Steam the Bao buns in a bamboo steamer or a pot with a steamer insert for 10 minutes until they fluff up. Remove and let cool.
- While the buns are steaming, whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, and the green onions. Using a non-stick pan, cook the eggs on low heat for 1-2 minutes letting the eggs set. Flip the eggs with a rubber spatula and cook another 20 seconds until done. Remove from the pan and cut into rounds. (I used a small single egg pan to make mine in four batches.)
- To assemble: Fold the rounded egg over and place inside the Bao bun. Top the egg with avocado slices and bean sprouts. Drizzle the sriracha sauce on top and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #AsianCaucasianBlog. We’d love to see your pics on Instagram and Facebook!
If you liked this recipe, try our Vegetarian Steamed Buns.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Skinny”ish” General Tso’s Shrimp and Tofu February 12, 2018
- Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado February 5, 2018
- Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry with Pork January 29, 2018
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017