- 1 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon, cubed
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Handful of fresh basil, torn
- Handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prep all of the vegetables and watermelon. Reserve some celery and bell pepper for garnish.
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning, and add a little water (a tablespoon at a time) if it needs more liquid.
- Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or overnight, until ready to serve.
- Garnish with chopped up peppers and celery, and a few basil leaves.
- Use up whatever veggies are in your fridge! This is the perfect soup for that. Key ingredients are the watermelon and tomatoes.
- Want it spicier? I used jalapeño peppers, but you can also use Thai chili peppers, serrano peppers, and in a pinch, red pepper flakes for heat!
- I used extra-virgin olive oil in this recipe. You can also use grapeseed oil or safflower oil.
- This spicy watermelon gazpacho will last in the fridge for several days. BONUS: the longer it sits, the more the flavors will be enhanced!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 324 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: gazpacho, watermelon gazpacho, summer soup, chilled soup