This summery Spicy Mango Pineapple Salad has fresh slices of ripe mangos and chunks of fresh pineapple, tossed together with sliced red onions, fresh mint and cilantro, and drizzled with a tangy, sweet and spicy lime vinaigrette. So yum!
- 3 ripe mangos, peeled and pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Lime Vinaigrette
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Thai red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Optional garnish: Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine the mango and pineapple in a large salad bowl. Gently mix in the red onions, mint, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small food processor or blender, blend together the lime zest, lime juice, grapeseed oil, honey, red chili pepper, mint, cilantro, salt, and pepper, until fully incorporated.
- Lightly toss the mango and pineapple salad with the lime vinaigrette.
- Garnish with coconut flakes if so desired.
- Make sure to pick ripe (but not overripe) mangos. There are several different types of mangos, but I used Haden mangos which are readily available this summer.
- I used fresh-cut pineapple, but you can use canned or jarred pineapple in a pinch. Make sure to buy the pineapple in its own juices (no added sugars).
- If you can’t fine Thai red chili peppers, you can use an 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes as a substitute.
- The lime vinaigrette is everything in this salad! You can make it in advance and refrigerate when ready to toss the salad. You’ll want to make extra to serve on fish on other proteins.
- I love to garnish this salad with unsweetened coconut flakes!
Keywords: Thai mango salad, mango salad dressing, spicy mango salad dressing, mango salad recipe