- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or mirin wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, halved and sliced thinly on a mandoline
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 8 ounce bag of baby kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced on the mandolin
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup edamame, shelled
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- To make the vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, rice vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well incorporated and light yellow in color. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the fennel, red onions, kale, jalapeño peppers, bean sprouts, edamame, and cilantro. Toss the dressing into the salad, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Keywords: Asian Salad, Spicy Asian Salad, Kale and Fennel Salad