Summer time is here! At least if feels like it! We love making fresh salads this time of year, especially with healthy kale, and licorice-y fennel. This colorful spicy kale and fennel salad will make your tastebuds do a happy dance and the lemon vinaigrette provides the music. We’ve loaded this salad with all kinds of healthy goodies, like edamame, bean sprouts, jalapeños, and fresh cilantro. So fresh tasting, you will definitely want to bring this awesome salad to your next summer picnic!
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or mirin wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, halved and sliced thinly on a mandoline
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 8 ounce bag of baby kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced on the mandolin
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup edamame, shelled
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- To make the vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, rice vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well incorporated and light yellow in color. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the fennel, red onions, kale, jalapeño peppers, bean sprouts, edamame, and cilantro. Toss the dressing into the salad, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Keywords: Asian Salad, Spicy Asian Salad, Kale and Fennel Salad
Shop products featured in this recipe: