These Spicy Crab Salad & Guacamole Wonton Cups are my take on a guacamole chip & dip using baked wontons and spicy crab salad!
- 12 fresh 3.5″ x 3.5″ wonton wrappers
- 1 (8 oz.) jar white lump crab meat (picked over for shells)
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Thai red chili peppers or 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup store-bought guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a wonton wrapper into each of the muffin openings, pressing down firmly to prevent bubbling. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a baking rack.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine together the crab meat with the yellow peppers, chili peppers, green onions, lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
- To make the aioli sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sambal oelek (or Sriracha sauce). Set aside.
- To assemble the wontons: Place a layer of guacamole at the bottom of the wonton. Add a small scoop of crab salad, and top with a dollop of aioli sauce.
- You also can make these in a mini-muffin tin that holds 24 wontons.
- Try making these with shrimp salad, or even imitation crab meat! Get creative!
- I used store-bought guacamole, but feel free to make it homemade. I chose the easy option!
- Sambal oelek can found at your local grocery store or specialty Asian markets.
Keywords: wonton appetizers, fillings for baked wonton wrappers, recipes with wonton wrappers, crab salad recipe