Spicy Crab Salad & Guacamole Wonton Cups
Just because it’s Tuesday doesn’t mean we can’t chow down with some awesome football snacks, right? Here’s my take on a guacamole chip & dip using baked wonton wrappers and spicy crab salad. Yum, yum! They’re so easy to make, baked not fried, and super healthy. Whip these out at your next football get-together and watch your friends “ooh and ahh!” Go team!
Fill each muffin tin with a wonton wrapper.
Bake the wontons in a muffin tin for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Place a layer of fresh guacamole at the bottom of each wonton.
- 18 fresh wonton wrappers
- 1 (8 oz.) jar white lump crab meat (picked over for shells)
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Thai red chili peppers or 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup store-bought guacamole
- Spicy Aioli:
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (red chili paste) or Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a wonton wrapper into each of the muffin openings, pressing down firmly to prevent bubbling. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a baking rack.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine together the crab meat with the yellow peppers, chili peppers, green onions, lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
- To make the aioli sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sambal oelek (or Sriracha sauce). Set aside.
- To assemble the wontons: Place a layer of guacamole at the bottom of the wonton. Add a small scoop of crab salad, and top with a dollop of aioli sauce.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Korean BBQ Cauliflower Pizza February 19, 2018
- Skinny”ish” General Tso’s Shrimp and Tofu February 12, 2018
- Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado February 5, 2018
- Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry with Pork January 29, 2018
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017