Spicy Baked Shrimp Balls
I served these spicy baked shrimp balls at a recent dinner party I hosted and they were gobbled up before I could fill up a second cocktail! In addition to the mighty potent libations, these little apps were a major hit! They require very little prep time and are baked, not fried, meaning low calories but with plenty of flavor! Serve them with store-bought sweet chili sauce for dipping. These babies truly are to die for!
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 Thai chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped (green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté garlic, shallots, and peppers until translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer veggies to a bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, add to the shrimp the egg whites, bread crumbs, green onion, cilantro, salt, chili peppers, and lime juice. When veggies have cooled, add to the mixture and combine all ingredients well.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Working in batches, form 1-inch balls with the shrimp mixture and place in rows on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Spray tops of the shrimp balls with cooking spray before putting in the oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Set oven to broil and brown the tops of the shrimp balls, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with a side of sweet chili dipping sauce.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017