This show-stopping Spicy Asian Tofu Salad is tossed in a creamy, tangy, spicy peanut dressing that’s bursting with Asian flavors! This super healthy vegan salad recipe is the perfect way to spice things up this summer!
For the tofu salad:
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the peanut dressing:
- Wrap the tofu block in a kitchen towel or paper towels for at least 1 hour to remove the moisture from the tofu. Or, use a tofu press. (This can be done a day in advance storing in the refrigerator.)
- Bake the whole block of tofu in the oven or toaster oven until golden brown at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping half-way through cooking.
- Remove from oven. Cool and cut tofu into even cubes.
Make the Spicy Peanut Dressing:
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, hot water, and sesame oil, cilantro, and Thai chili pepper to a blender and purée until smooth and creamy.
Assemble the Salad:
- Place the tofu cubes and chopped cucumber in a large salad bowl. Gently toss with the spicy peanut dressing and chopped peanuts. Garnish the salad with sesame seeds and remaining cilantro. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Wrap the tofu block in a kitchen towel or paper towels for a few hours to remove all of the moisture from the tofu. (Or, use a tofu press to do the job!) This can be done a day in advance storing in the refrigerator.
- You can always turn up the heat with more Thai chili peppers. If you can’t find Thai chili peppers, you can substitute them with jalapeño peppers or another spicy pepper.
- Don’t like peanut butter? Try making this spicy dressing with almond butter instead!
- Use different toppings on this Spicy Asian Tofu salad, like sprouts, mint, and roasted seaweed. There are no rules!
- Save the leftover spicy peanut dressing for other uses! Use it to toss with noodles or zoodles!
Keywords: tofu salad, tofu salad recipe, asian tofu salad recipe