Spicy Asian Tofu Salad
This delish dish has just the right amount of heat! It’s a great starter salad that will blow you away, not to mention how healthy it is. I’m a tofu freak, so anything tofu has my attention! Make sure you buy extra firm tofu so it doesn’t fall apart. You can always turn up the heat with more Thai chili peppers, but BEWARE: you will want to taste your next course, so take it easy!
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 extra firm blocks tofu
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 seedless peeled cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- 1 Thai chill pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, hot water, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Bake the whole blocks of tofu in the oven or toaster oven until golden brown at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool and cut tofu into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine cubed tofu with cilantro, cucumber, crushed peanuts, Thai chili pepper, and garlic. Toss with dressing. Top salad with sesame seeds and any remaining cilantro.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017