These crispy, roasted Spicy Asian Brussels Sprouts are sweet, spicy, savory, and so good for you! Even Brussels-deniers will love this side dish!
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash Brussels sprouts and thoroughly dry on a towel or paper towel. Cut Brussels sprouts in half making sure to remove the thick bottom first. Spread out on a large baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Thoroughly coat the Brussels with oil so it’s evenly distributed. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Toss the Brussels halfway through to make sure both sides are cooked and browned.
- To make the sauce: Place all other ingredients in a small saucepan. During last 10 minutes of cooking Brussels sprouts, sauté sauce over medium heat to reduce and thicken.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from oven when slightly charred and cooked through. Place in a large bowl and toss with sauce. Serve immediately.
- Cut off the thick end of the Brussels sprouts before roasting. They don’t taste good and are too tough!
- Make sure to dry the Brussels thoroughly before tossing with the oil. This will allow them to get crispy and golden when roasting.
- Toss the Brussels with the sauce as soon as it comes out of the oven. Serve immediately.
Keywords: roasted brussel sprouts, asian brussel sprouts, brussel sprouts recipe, brussel sprouts fish sauce