- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat the mini skillets with vegetable oil, including the sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the corn muffin mix, eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream, both corns, and the jalapeño peppers, until well combined.
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the individual mini skillets, about 3/4 of the way up.
- Place the skillets into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Broil another 2 minutes if not yet browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Top each skillet cornbread with a pat of butter while still hot. Slice into quarters while still in the skillet and serve immediately.
- Optional: Place a few slices of fresh jalapeños on top of each skillet cornbread.
- Don't have mini skillets? No problem! Just use a 10-inch cast-iron skillet for this recipe. You'll need to bake it for about 30-35 minutes, but keep checking to make sure you don't overcook it!
- Want to jazz it up? Add some fresh jalapeño slices and shredded cheddar cheese on top!
- This cornbread freezes well. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place in a zipper bag to freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost to room temperature and reheat in the oven at 325 degrees when ready to serve.
- To make these into corn muffins, Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill each muffin well 2/3 of the way up and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese half-way through cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 414
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 495.5 mg
- Fat: 26.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 112.5 mg
Keywords: easy skillet cornbread, skillet cornbread jiffy, skillet cornbread jalapeno, southern skillet cornbread