These dreamy, creamy, spicy avocado deviled eggs are topped with fresh shrimp and caviar. It’s a decadent, KETO-friendly appetizer that’s impressive, but so easy to make!
For the deviled egg mixture:
- 6 large peeled hard boiled eggs
- 2 large Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- ½ fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the topping:
- Cut 1/4 top off of the hard-boiled eggs. Carefully remove the yolks and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Remove the pits and skin from the avocados and add to the bowl. Add in the yogurt, sambal oelek, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Using a hand-held mixer, beat the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste for extra seasoning if necessary.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe the mixture into each egg white. Place a piece of shrimp into the mixture and garnish the tops with some caviar and Nori strips.
- I used my electric egg cooker for the eggs and it makes perfect hard-boiled eggs every time. No struggling with the shells, ever!
- If you don’t have a pastry bag, you can use a plastic baggie with the top cut off one corner to pipe the eggs.
- You might want to cook and peel your hard-boiled eggs the day before you plan on serving these to save time. Prepare the filling as close as you can to when you will be serving them because avocados will turn brown very quickly.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: avocado deviled eggs keto, spicy avocado deviled eggs, deviled eggs, keto appetizer, appetizer