- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, cut in half and sliced
- 4 oz. package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Cut off the hard end of the brussels sprouts, discard and cut brussels in half. “Shave” the brussels sprouts in a food processor, using the slicing blade. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet or wok with canola oil on medium high. Sautè garlic and shallots until translucent. Add in sliced shiitake mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the brussels sprouts and red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and almonds and cook another 5-7 minutes. Toss in cilantro and lemon.
You can buy pre-packaged 10 oz. bags of shaved brussels sprouts at select grocery stores like Trader Joe’s.
Keywords: Asian Brussels Sprouts, Brussels Sprouts with Shiitake Mushrooms