- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- ⅓ cup rice wine
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pound large dry sea scallops (patted dry)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the black bean garlic sauce and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the rice wine and mirin. Lower the heat to simmer, stirring until the liquid is reduced by about half, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Season the scallops on both sides with the pepper. Heat a grill pan or cast iron pan on high.
- Grill the scallops until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. Drizzle with the black bean sauce and garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve with grilled asparagus.
Keywords: Seared Scallops, Asian Scallops, Black Bean Scallops