This delicious vegetarian Seared Miso Tofu Poke Bowl features seasoned wok-seared tofu, crisp veggies, and avocados, served over sticky white rice and drizzled with a tangy sweet miso ginger dressing.
For the tofu:
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the bowls:
- 2 rainbow radishes, sliced thinly
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 large avocados, cut into cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Handful of radish sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Black sesame seeds (for garnish)
For the miso ginger dressing:
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Make the tofu:
- You’ll want to get as much moisture out of the tofu as possible. Take the block of tofu and wrap it tightly in a kitchen towel or paper towels for at least 30 minutes. (Or, use a tofu press to do the job!) Then, cut the tofu into two-inch cubes.
- Place the tofu cubes in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and chili powder. Toss to coat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil to a heavy wok or skillet pre-heated on medium high. Sear the tofu cubes until golden brown on all sides, flipping the cubes frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the seared tofu from the wok and place on paper towels to drain. Keep warm.
Assemble the bowls: Divide the rice between four bowls. Top with all of the ingredients, garnish with sesame seeds, and drizzle the miso ginger dressing over the bowls.
Make the dressing: Place all of the ingredients in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Drizzle the dressing over the tofu poke bowl. (You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the bowls.)
- It’s important to use extra firm tofu so it doesn’t fall apart when searing!
- You might want to wait until the last step to cut up your avocados as avocados will brown when exposed to air.
- Make it gluten free! Just substitute the soy sauce for gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos!
- White rice vs. brown rice? That’s totally up to you! Either variety works great in this tofu poke bowl!
- You can make the miso dressing ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the bowls.
- This dish is great for leftovers! Keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 to 5 days.
Keywords: vegetarian poke bowl, tofu poke bowl, miso tofu, miso dressing, veggie and tofu poke bowl