For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon Gochujang sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
For the fish:
- 12 ounces Gulf of Maine Redfish (2 filets per person)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For the garnish:
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
Make the glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl combine the Gochujang sauce, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
Cook the fish:
- Place the oven on broil. Score the redfish filets skin-side to prevent from curling.
- Heat a heavy cast iron pan on medium-high with canola oil. Brush the redfish with the glaze, reserving a quarter of the glaze for basting. Sear the redfish skin side down for 3 minutes.
- Place the fish directly into the oven. Broil the fish in the oven for approximately 2 to 3 minutes (test with a fork for doneness).
- Remove from the oven and brush with more of the glaze if desired.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and lime wedges.
Optional: Serve on a bed of Baby Bok Choy with Ginger and Garlic, and a side of steamed rice.
- You can purchase Gulf of Maine Redfish online at Sea to Table.
- This sauce will work well with just about any mild white fish.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top / Oven
- Cuisine: Korean-Inspired
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 362.3 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.2 g
- Protein: 47.6 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg
Keywords: redfish, seared redfish, Gochujang sauce